Professor A. M. Pentovsky was appointed head of the Balkan Section.
In accordance with its statute, the Balkan Section is being created in order to:
- Organize and conduct interdisciplinary research into the study of the Christian heritage of the Balkan region;
- Organize and prepare special training programs related to the study of the Christian heritage of the Balkan region;
- Ensure the unity of research with the educational process of the Moscow Theological Academy.
The main tasks of the Balkan Section are:
- To coordinate and conduct interdisciplinary research into the study of the Christian heritage of the Balkan region; the heritage and traditions of Sts. Cyril and Methodius and their disciples; as well as church and political processes in the Balkan region in modern and contemporary times;
- To attract students, undergraduates, and graduate students of the Moscow Theological Academy, as well as teachers, to the research work being carried out in the Balkan Section;
- To implement the use of research findings in the educational process and to improve the academic qualifications of teachers.
Translated from the Russian