Moldovan president declines invitation to take part in sexual minorities march

admin | 28 February 2017
Chisinau, February 27, Interfax - Moldovan President Igor Dodon has declined an invitation to take part in a sexual minorities march.
Moldovan president declines invitation to take part in sexual minorities march
Moldovan President Igor Dodon

President Igor Dodon “will initiate events in defense of traditional values” in response to the invitation to take part in such a march, presidential press officer Ivan Cheban told reporters.

While presenting an annual report on the human rights situation in Moldova at the beginning of last week, representatives of the organization Amnesty International suggested that the president take part in an LGBT march, which will be conducted in spring. They said they believe that by doing so President Igor Dodon “would prove that he wants to be president for everyone.”

“Igor Dodon has been and remains president for all people of the Republic of Moldova and he intends to continue taking part in events that are common to all citizens of the country. During the march, which representatives of this organization spoke about, a number of events in support of the traditional family will be organized, like last year, and the president will definitely take part in them,” Cheban said.

“A number of presidential initiatives to support young families, motherhood, children, and also programs aimed at strengthening the institution of family are also expected to be launched in this period,” he said.

Система Orphus Do you see a mistake in the text? Highlight it and click: Ctrl + Enter
Did you enjoy this article? Consider helping us!
Pravmir depends on your donations:
the more you give, the more we can do.
Other amount
Paypal.com
20 $
Paypal.com
50 $
Paypal.com
100 $
Paypal.com
Dear Friends,

Our website exists owing to your generous assistance, thanks to the funds donated by our beloved readers.

Please assist us in the continuation of our work.