On 7th November, the University of St Katherine’s Byzanfest held its Award Ceremony via ZOOM. This year’s collection of short-films and features covered a range of diverse topics: monasticism, disability, sci-fi dystopia and historical documentaries.
During the Award Ceremony, the new Association for Byzanfest Filmmakers was also announced. This Association will offer current and past submitters the opportunity to communicate, collaborate and develop closer relationships.
The winners of the Byzanfest Film Festival are:
- Audience Favourite, Best Short Screenplay & Best Female Director Award: GOD’S WILL (Serbia)
- Best Documentary & Best Youth Short Film: TESTIMONY: THE STORY OF EMILIO (Chile)
- Best Cinematography (Short-film): ANATHEMA (Cyprus)
- Best Director (Short-film) & Best Short Film: JUST LIKE WATER (Greece)
- Best Script in Development Award: THE BLACK (USA)
- Best Documentary, Best Cinematography, Best Director & Best Film: A QUIET NOOK OF CHRIST’S (Serbia)
The Festival had a “Best Female Director Award” for the first-time. Another first is the “Best Script in Development Award” to promote future production of features.
All films will be available online until 5pm, Monday 8th November (AEST). Audiences can still purchase a 7-day Festival Pass to support filmmakers, the 7-days access does not expire with the Festival, only once activated.