The fund of the Church-Archaeological Museum of the Kiev Theological Academy was replenished with a new exhibit on January 25, 2021.
A valuable early printed book: a leather-bound Psalter, published by the printing house of the Dormition Pochaev Lavra, was donated to the museum by His Beatitude Onuphry, Metropolitan of Kiev and All Ukraine.
The exhibit presented by the Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is of historical value, reports Kdais.kiev.ua.
The Church-Archaeological Museum of the Kiev Theological Academy was created in 1872 and became the first of the kind in the Russian Empire. By the beginning of the 20th century, the collection of the museum included materials from the 3rd millennium BC to the 19th century. After the coming of Soviet authorities, almost all of the exhibits were lost or taken abroad.
The restoration of the museum began in 2009 with the blessing of the Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine. The metropolitan donated items from his personal collection to the museum.
Today, as well as since the appearance of the museum, donations and gifts from hierarchs, clergy and laypeople are the main source of replenishment of the fund.
The museum is located at the building of the Kiev Theological Academy and Seminary on the premises of the Holy Dormition Kiev-Pechersk Lavra. Entrance for visitors is free.